Monday, February 16, 2009

It Is All In the Mind

The past Saturday is the Valentine’s Day. It is one of the three busy holidays in the flower business. The other two are Mother’s Day and Christmas-New Year. I knew that since it is not easy to get good floral materials in reasonable price in those holidays. Rose is the dominant flower for Valentine’s Day. The floral industrial did such good job to promote the roses – the more you love, the more roses you should give. I personally do not believe that. It is all in the mind when it comes to love.

Yesterday, a friend told me that she followed my recipe exactly to make eight treasures sweet rice cake (八宝饭), but the taste was not as good as the one made by me. “There must be a secret ingredient that you did not tell me.” She said. Yes, there is a secret ingredient - love, I told her when I gave her the recipe, but she did not believe me.

When I make eight treasures sweet rice cake, I am always in the happy and cheerful mood, I meditate with my best wishes for the people who will eat the cake and thank all the ingredients to help me make the best cake. This mind gets into the cake and make the cake tastes better. Try this in your cooking, you will see a difference yourself.

The flower arrangement I will share this Monday was arranged four years ago before Valentine’s Day. Enjoy it and make every day a Valentine’s Day with your loving mind.


Happy Monday!

In Friendship through Flowers,
Yirou.
(2-15-2009)

看中文版本请点击这里。

2 comments:

Bee Lee said...

Happy belated Valentine :-)

I was so lucky to be able to taste your 八宝饭 in the past.

If we put all our heart into whatever we are doing, we'll get the best result we wish for, this is what I learn from this article :-)

以柔 said...

Thank you, Bee. My 八宝饭 had improved, now I use purple rice. Next time you visit, I will make it for you.